Subject: Versions and DHCP
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <dribbling@thekeyboard.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/05/2000 22:26:54
Hello!

Couple of questions, I'll start with what is probably the
more straightforward of the two.

1. What is the most recent stable release of NetBSD/i386?  I
   have seen some references to 1.5.x, but I'm guessing that
   is still experimental.  I think I have only tried 1.4.2.

2. Is there some way to manually configure a machine via
   DHCP before I start the install proper?  I would like to
   be able to install NetBSD via FTP, but need some way to
   make the machine request its IP address and possibly
   those of its gateway and DNS.  Any ideas?

Regards,

-Andy.

Free email with cool domains at FriendlyEmail
http://www.mypad.com/