Subject: Re: No subject found in mail header
To: None <dribbling@thekeyboard.com>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/29/2000 18:09:05
> Now I'm confused (aren't I always? =o) Someone recently told
> me that 3Com cards were great for DOS and MS-Windows because
> they wrote good drivers for them, but were technically not
> all they were cracked up to be - he didn't recommend them
> for BSD.

The 3c509 ISA cards are better than other ISA cards because of their
autoconfiguration of I/O space. They're pretty much fire-and-forget. I
would gladly trade any performance advantages of other ISA cards (are
there any?) for the ease of configuration, not having to download some
weird DOS tool and find a boot disk, etc....

        - nathan