Subject: Network Interface Cards
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <dribbling@thekeyboard.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/29/2000 09:53:12
Hello David!

  DB> They should work fine, though they are a somewhat
    > cheap and nasty (in a design sense) card.

What's up with them?  I'd like to know before I buy some
more.  I don't have the model number in front of me, but the
ones I've been using are 10 Base-T 16-bit ISA.  Can you
recommend a board that works well with NetBSD?  For the
existing machines I need ISA, I will use PCI (probably
32-bit 5V) on any modern PCs I build.

  DB> I've used a variety of 3c589 and ns2000 compatible
    > pcmcia cards without problems.

Thanks, I'll have a look for one of those.

Regards,
  -
Andy.

Free email with cool domains at FriendlyEmail
http://www.mypad.com/