Subject: Re: Support for 16650?
To: Gregg C Levine <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
From: Geoff Wing <gcw@pobox.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/29/2000 15:50:10
Gregg C Levine wrote about RE: Support for 16650?:
:Hello from Gregg C Levine usually with Jedi Knight Computers
:As I recall the NS16450, IS the I8250. I will check my TI databooks, however, I

The 16450 (I used to see lots of NS16450 (NatSemi) chips) is functionally
the same as the 8250A.  The 8250 is also 8250B (a slower version of
the 16450)

IIRC, the 16650 has been out for at least 4 years.  Maybe more?

:By the way, where did you get your information from?

That was from memory, though I've just checked it with a couple of
parts catalogues which agree.  They also say:

The 16950 provides automatic handshaking (RTS/CTS) and automatic RS-485
line control (as well as external clocking for isochronous applications).
I don't think that NetBSD supports this but that's definitely not
authoritative information.

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing : <gcw@pobox.com>