Subject: RE: Support for 16650?
To: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
From: Gregg C Levine <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/29/2000 00:16:31
Hello again from Gregg C Levine usually with Jedi Knight Computers
It happens that you are being taken advantage of, partner. The seller is indeed
smoking something illegal. For example there is the NS16450, that is also known
as the I8250. And the most current one is NS16550. Which is usually used on the
machines that you, and I know, and work with. First examine the board, and look
for a manufacturer's logo. If it looks like a representation of the State of
Texas, then it is indeed for real, and it is made by TI. Also check the size of
the chip. It should look like a Quad Flat Pack, type device. Although the last
I heard, TI, was experimenting with stuffing it into the usual DIP40 package.
If the seller is reluctant to let you do any of this, then guess what? You are
indeed being taken advantage of. By the way, what is the name of the shop? As
far as NetBSD support goes, if the hardware is familiar then it should, look at
the support for the usual set of similar devices. Oh, and good luck, and "May
the Force be with you!".
----
Gregg C Levine mailto:hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."  Obi-Wan Kenobi
(This company dedicates this E-Mail to General Obi-Wan Kenobi (Perhaps one of
the most powerful of all of the Jedi Knights))
(This company dedicates this E-Mail to Master Yoda
(Perhaps the other one of most powerful of all of the Jedi Knights))