Subject: Re: weirdness with apm
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/28/2000 11:15:35
On 28.09.00, 13:37:07, Darren Reed wrote:

> When using apm to suspend my laptop, if I suspend the laptop with the
> AC power pack plugged in, pull the power plug out and resume, netbsd
> will not restore itself to a running state.  Is this a generic known
> problem or something whacky with my lapdog ?

I do this a lot and it works fine. I have a Baycom Agent with Phoenix
NoteBIOS. The only quirk is that if I want to use X11, it has to be
visible during suspend, and after resume I have to switch to a text
console and back to X11 once.

There is another issue with suspending with A/C and resuming with
battery power when you use /etc/apm/ scripts to mount file systems
with different parameters, bring down network interfaces etc.

I have added some lines to the resume script to find out what power
we're running on, and then execute the appropriate "line" or "battery"
script.

I also found it neccessary to unmount the CD-ROM drive before
suspending, otherwise it becomes unusable.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: A drinking group with a serious computing problem.