Subject: Re: gethostbyname and linux emul?
To: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/27/2000 09:42:38
On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Jon Lindgren wrote:

: I'm trying to run TIBCO's Rendezvous product under NetBSD-1.5_ALPHA2 on a
: p90 machine.  NetBSD is wonderful, however, running their daemon fails -
: it complains that gethostbyname() failed.

This may be a freaky question, but do you have a NIS domainname set?

(See /etc/rc.conf, "domainname=".)

I've found that, regardless of nsswitch settings, the presence of a
domainname can make the SuSE libc attempt to contact a NIS server.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/