Subject: Re: auvia0 stuck at 48kHz
To: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?P=E5llen?= <pollen@astrakan.hig.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/25/2000 15:11:16
On 25 Sep 2000, Ty Sarna wrote:

> > realized that the audio seems to be stuck at 48kHz. I'm willing to do s=
ome
>=20
> I can't find your first post on mail-index, but I'm guessing that the
> message reported was "codec must support AC'97 2.0 Variable Rate Audio".

Exactly.

> That message is there for a reason -- because the driver currently
> doesn't handle such hardware. I don't have access to such a system, so I
> didn't try to support it.

We have 32 such boxes here, some of them running NetBSD. Soon at least 16
of them will be running some kind of BSD.

> In order to make it work will have to arrange for software sample rate
> conversion to be done, which kinda sucks.  Also, I don't think Jaromir's

Sucks big time I guess. Okay, mpg123 can do sample rate conversion, but
that doesn't produce any good sound.

> test of rev H is correct -- I don't see how the chip rev could have
> anything to do with it, as it is a codec function.  It should be a codec
> quirk or something.=20

Sounds like there could be some more testing/code changing to get it work?

I'm willing to do some more testing, it would be fun if I could convince
the people here that NetBSD is the way to go for their computers.

--=20
/P=E5llen - http://www.astrakan.hig.se/~pollen
          telnet://mumindalen.astrakan.hig.se