Subject: Minimal NetBSD
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <dribbling@thekeyboard.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/23/2000 15:10:31
Hello Andrew!

  AG> I can help you get a kernel if you wish.

That would be really appreciated, thanks!

  AG> Let me know what kind of hardware is in the box.

Not sure, since I haven't picked up the mainboard yet.  It
will probably be a 486SX with one ATA channel containing a
couple of Fixed disks as described previously.  At least one
serial port and probably a parallel port too.  I'll probably
need a diskette drive in the machine, at least long enough
to boot NetBSD and get it installed.  Hopefully 8Mb of RAM.
Possibly an Adaptec 1502 16-bit ISA SCSI host adaptor with a
100Mb Iomega Zip drive (that's optional though).  I'm hoping
it will have an MDA or Hercules display adaptor with a TTL
mono monitor. Probably no LAN card to begin with, although I
might add one later.

Does this help at all?

Regards,
  - Andy.

Free email with cool domains at FriendlyEmail
http://www.mypad.com/