Subject: Minimal NetBSD
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <dribbling@thekeyboard.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/23/2000 01:12:28
Hello!

I've been digging around in the FAQs and other documentation
I found, but I haven't found an obvious answer to this.
Seeing someone's recent post about a 3Mb 386 machine has
given me the courage to ask this question...

What are the system requirements for a minimal install of
NetBSD/i386?  In particular I'm interested in the disk space
required. Today I managed to get two drives from my junk box
working together, they're both Conner 3.5" ATA drives (yes,
I know, ATA sucks).  One is 170Mb and the other just 40Mb.
My immediate reaction was to wonder if I could install a
very minimal BSD on the 170Mb and use the 40Mb for swap
space.

If this isn't possible (and I realise it's a long shot) I
might have to splash out US$20 on a 1Gb UltraSCSI drive.
Your comments, observations or suggestions would be most
welcome.

Regards,
  -
Andy.

Free email with cool domains at FriendlyEmail
http://www.mypad.com/