Subject: Re: PCMCIA CD-ROM
To: David Woyciesjes <DAW@yalepress3.unipress.yale.edu>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/14/2000 18:02:49
On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, David Woyciesjes wrote:

> I'm gonna be loading NetBSD 1.4.2 on my Thinkpad760 this weekend. But here's
> the interesting part...

	(You might want to try 1.5_ALPHA2 instead - the hardware support
	has been updated quite a bit).

> I have this PCMCIA CD-ROM drive sitting around. Anyone know anything about
> it? Like will it/could it work with NetBSD?
>
> A search on one of the FCC IDs told me it was apparently made by a 'Lion
> Optics'. Never heard of them...
> The info on the PCMCIA adaptor is this:
> 	TXCD-PCM11
> 	FCC ID:LZNII1200
> On the bottom of the CD-ROM itself:
> 	PCMCIA CD-ROM DRIVE
> 	MODEL NO: TXCD-PCM2
> 	S/N: 15113000744
> 	FCC ID:LKAXC20011
> The CD-ROM inside:
> 	MODEL NO: XC-20011 (might be 'II')

	It might work - if not and you can boot a kernel with
	PCMCIAVERBOSE, then it may be a simple matter of adding
	a couple of entries to /sys/dev/pcmcia/wdc_pcmcia.c and
	/sys/dev/pcmcia/pcmciadevs

                David/absolute
			       -- www.netbsd.org: A pmap for every occasion --