Subject: Re: Drive size limitation?
To: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
From: None <>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/13/2000 16:18:18
What?!?!?  That one was off really the wall 8-].  This thing might be a
Maxtor, it might be IDE, and he might even come back and say It's in a
Packard Bell, but I've never heard of a jumper that splits up the drive
(especially an IDE one, something like that might show up on a SCSI chain
for dupe IDs or something).

The solution is going to be to flash upgrade the BIOS, or start playing
around with translation settings until it works.  I'd recommend setting
aside a couple hours, pick up a bottle of Bean to pass the time.

--Brian