Subject: Re: Drive size limitation?
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
From: Scott Ellis <scotte@warped.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/13/2000 13:17:13
Many large drives have an option to limit their size to 32M for
compatibility with older BIOS'.  I recently purchased a 46.1G IBM drive for
my early-98 system which isn't able to cope with drives larger than 32M.
Since I don't boot from the drive, I kept the BIOS ignorant of it, and the
kernel properly detects it at the full size.

I'd recommend checking for the presence of a "32M Limit" or "15 head limit"
jumper on the drive itself, and removing it.

    ScottE