Subject: RAIDframe, RAID1, Booting
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Dan J Fraser <dfraser@capybara.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/06/2000 16:07:10
I haven't been able to find any information on this...

Let's say I have a hypothetical machine (i386) running two identical hard
disks, mirrored with RAID1 and RAIDframe.

Add the partitions (including the root) are mirrored across those disks.

Now, let's say the boot drive (primary ide?) fails.  Would it be possible to
set things up so that the system can still boot?  How does one recover from
a problem like that?  With a bootfloppy?

--
Dan J. Fraser <dfraser@capybara.org> -- http://www.capybara.org/~dfraser/
PGP Key ID = 0xF3972A01 -- IRC (irc.warped.net) nick: Optic