Subject: Re: Can't use modems after upgrade
To: Bill Hudspeth <wjhud@jps.net>
From: Tomas T. Peiser, CET <tom@test2.fundy.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/03/2000 19:02:38
On Sat, 2 Sep 2000, Bill Hudspeth wrote:

> I have the same problem and many have said that the OS  should detect my
> modem (didn't). Your "dmesg" output is incomplete and it is possible
> that you haven't found the proper culprit. I looked in all (I thought
> :))
> proper lines to find nothing of value.

I played with it for another hour. I tried a serial console kernel (that
worked) and then I found that this line in the remote file (which worked
from
1.2G to 1.3.3) was the problem.

> > modem:dv=/dev/tty01:br#9600:pa=none:

The remote file in 1.4.2 has the line:
console:dv=/dev/tty01:br#9600:pa=none:dc:

which does work.

Tomas T. Peiser, CET  / No, I am not cynical,
                     /  I am a sysadmin.
http://bofh.nb.ca   / - conversation with D. Maxwell