Subject: Re: NetBSD-current built fails on bootparamd
To: None <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/03/2000 01:10:01
Thilo Manske wrote
> On Sun, Sep 03 2000 at 00:21:43 +0930, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
> > cc -O2  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith
> > -Wno-uninitialized -Werror   -DYP -c bootparamd.c
> > cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> > bootparamd.c: In function `main':
> > bootparamd.c:145: warning: unsigned int format, long unsigned int arg
> > (arg 3)
> >
> > According to the source code, this may be due to an outdated rpcgen
> > utility. However, rpcgen was generated and installed prior to building
> > bootparamd.
> Next step is to rebuild and install the rpcgen-generated includes.

I've done this...

> > I then ventured on rebuilding the critical utilities to no avail.
> >
> > Has anyone else seen this? Any fixes/solutions?
> Yes :-)
>
> I think
>
> cd [path-to-your-sources]/lib/librpcsvc
> make cleandir
> make includes
>
> should do it.
> Maybe the "make cleandir" is not needed, but...

Bingo... that did the trick...

Really strange as "make build" will first do the libs before building
any userland utilities... I guess, something must have gone out of
sequence when I did it... In any case, it appears that I'm back on
track... ;-)

Many thanks for your help...

Tschuess
Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes