Subject: XFree86 on i810e motherboard
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/31/2000 16:58:44
I've downloaded the netbsd-ported LKM from IWAMOTO Toshihiro, and
after fixing the compile errors (the gart_mmap function was not
returning the right type, and the 2nd arg was also incorrect), and
successfully modload-ing the LKM, I'm at a loss as to how to rebuild
the XF86_SVGA server... the README.NetBSD file says to put "agpgart.h"
in the "appropriate position" in the XF86 code, without saying what that
position actually is! :)  As my first guess gave me a XF86_SVGA binary
that still will only support a 320x200 screen, I'm guessing
I got it wrong.  :)

So, since others here have apparently done it successfully, would
someone care to enlighten me on how to rebuild the X server binary?
Help me get NetBSD into this application!

Thanks,
+j

--
Jeff Rizzo                                         http://boogers.sf.ca.us/~riz