Subject: Re: Dell laptop audio (again!) - Neomagic MagicMedia 256ZX
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Duncan McEwan <duncan@MCS.VUW.AC.NZ>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/31/2000 17:55:52
> Try using wss at pnpbios.

As I said in my original message

> Also, in the GENERIC config, I uncommented the
>
>    sb*    at pnpbios? index ?     # NeoMagic 256AV in sb mode
>    wss*   at pnpbios? index ?     # NeoMagic 256AV in wss mode

and that didn't make it find either an "sb" or "wss".  I'm not sure whether you
missed that bit of my message, or whether you are suggesting a slightly
different format of the above lines (ie: like maybe "pnpbios" without the "?").

Should I only have one of the above uncommented at a time?

Is there anything else I need to do to get pnpbios working (besides the obvious
"pnpbios* at mainbus?" line).  I'll try building a kernel with PNPBIOSVERBOSE
and/or PNPBIOSDEBUG defined and see what that tells me...

Duncan