Subject: FastTrak 66
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa <jam@pobox.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/30/2000 22:33:44
I just installed one FastTrak66 and boot NetBSD.  NetBSD
recognizes this as native-PCI card and I can access drives
connected to FT66 as regular drives.

Only one problem I found is NetBSD recognizes FT66 first,
then recognizes i810 on-board IDE.  However, BIOS recognizes
i810 first.  So, BIOS loads NetBSD booter from i810 IDE.
NetBSD booter loads NetBSD from the other.  Then, something
was screwed up.  I cannot remount in rw mode either
/dev/wd0a (FT66) or /dev/wd1a (i810 IDE) as a root partition
from single user mode.

I need to return this card.  So, I cannot test this anymore.
However, FT66 seems working as U66 under NetBSD.

Regards,
-- Kazushi