Subject: Re: Question about AHA-2940abc
To: Todd Gruhn <tgruhn2@mail.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net@>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/26/2000 23:14:07
On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 07:44:03AM -0400, Todd Gruhn wrote:
> I just got the firmware on my AHA-2940UW card upgraded from
> v1.3x to v.2.35.y. I noticed that suddenly, many disk
> intensive operations are running 2x and 3x as fast.
> Since the U2W card is also named aha-2940,is there an
> actual hardware difference or is it all jus a firmware thing?
> In short do I now have an AHA-2940U2W card?

There's an actual hardware difference.

But the speed change is interesting... Do you still have the old
firmware chip? Would you consider putting it in for a bit and
posting some before/after benchmark/bonnie or benchmark/iozone results?

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,