Subject: Re: vmware and -current (i386)
To: Atsushi Onoe <onoe@sm.sony.co.jp>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/26/2000 16:00:07
On Sat, Aug 26, 2000 at 09:20:51PM +0900, Atsushi Onoe wrote:
> I've once ported some old version of the kernel driver for FreeBSD into
> NetBSD, but NetBSD apparently supports only a few part of VM86 emulation,
> and I am stuck there since I doesn't know i386 at all.

I'm not sure what you mean by "part of VM86 emulation". It's true that
we do not emulate the linux vm86 system call (although we probably could
without too much trouble), but you don't need it for vmware support.

I've started to look into this, and I think the kernel module could
be ported without too much trouble. Only a new vm page allocation
calls are different, but that isn't hard to fix.

What exactly do you think is missing?

- Frank