Subject: Re: vmware and -current (i386)
To: None <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Atsushi Onoe <onoe@sm.sony.co.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/26/2000 21:20:51
> : Can -current handle vmware at all?
> No.  It requires custom kernel drivers, which don't [yet?] exist for NetBSD.
> There is a project in the planning stages to add the support....

Really?  I'd love to know the current status of the project.

I've once ported some old version of the kernel driver for FreeBSD into
NetBSD, but NetBSD apparently supports only a few part of VM86 emulation,
and I am stuck there since I doesn't know i386 at all.

I also experienced the difficulty to access ddb from X11 based applications
(vmware), since I have only one (disconnected) notebook in most of my hacking
time...

Atsushi Onoe