Subject: Re: AGP
To: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
From: Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 <bbogart@acs.ryerson.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/24/2000 17:05:01
Thank you for your reply.

how is the migration from 3.3.6 to 4.0? Are there many changes to the
configuration? ie will I have a lot of work converting my xdm and other
configuration files? I'll take another look at the features of v4.0.

Thanks again, and to everyone who did reply.

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Richard Rauch wrote:

> (I don't know anything about AGP per se; I have assumed that it wouldn't
> make any difference as far as support is concerned.)
>
> I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for XFree86 4.x to be integrated into
> NetBSD.  I imagine that it will happen, but not anytime soon.  (You might
> look at the tech-x11 list for discussion of this.)
>
> You can drop XFree86 4.x into your NetBSD system, however.  (I'm running
> XFree86 4.0 on NetBSD 1.5_ALPHA.)
>

>   "I probably don't know what I'm talking about." --rauch@eecs.ukans.edu

B. Bogart
Convergent Media Designer
Through scientific absolution we move further and further away from ourselves.