Subject: Re: wheelmouse driver, passing boot args via reboot...
To: Grey Wolf <greywolf@siteROCK.com>
From: Dr. Rene Hexel <rh@vip.at>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/24/2000 01:04:57
Grey Wolf wrote:

> Firstly, I remember there being a driver for the wheelmice which would
> actually enable one to use the wheel on the mouse.  It'd be nice to be
> able to do that.  Can anyone throw me a (bone *)?

  I use a PS/2 wheel mouse under X using wsmouse on pmsi.  For anything
useful to happen you need to map the wheel to "buttons" 4 and 5.  Here
is the relevant part from my XF86Config:

Section "InputDevice"

# Identifier and driver

    Identifier  "Mouse1"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option "Protocol"    "wsmouse"
    Option "Device"      "/dev/wsmouse0"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

  This is from XFree86-4.0.1, but 3.3.x settings are the same.

  For applications to do something useful, you also need to set
appropriate application defaults.  You might want to take a look at

http://www-sop.inria.fr/koala/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/

  for some nice examples.

  Cheers
      ,