Subject: Re: Laptop Question
To: Patrick F Markiewicz <pfm2@andrew.cmu.edu>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/22/2000 16:44:57
Patrick F Markiewicz wrote:

>I suspect that 4 mb is not enough memory?
>I don't actually own the computer yet, I was only planning to use it for
>taking notes, if I got it.  X is most definitely out of the question
>unless there are some good micro-x's for netbsd (any suggestions?)
>					Patrick

I think that NetBSD will run in 4MB memory.  The only problem that
you'll have is that I think that the installer may not be able to
run in 4MB.  So, you may need to either install a bit more manually,
or configure some swap on the disk before getting too deep into
the installer.

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==