Subject: Re: S3V X server (was: Re: Laptop/notebook recommendations?)
To: Chris Pinnock <C.J.E.Pinnock@qmw.ac.uk>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/20/2000 20:59:17
> > Actually, Chris, they say that ``Use of [S3V] is no longer recommended.''
 [...]
> Ok. Accepted. Next time I'll quote rather than misquote... :)

(^&

> XF86_S3V does not work at all on my laptop. It does not support the MX
 [...]
> > However, the SVGA support, on my S3 ViRGE/DX (/GX?) card is inferior to
 [...]
> Ditto on my main machine which I think is a GX but I forget. The SVGA
> server produces wobbly output. The S3V server works much better for me

Ah, perhaps I overreacted to your post, then.  I got the impression that
you felt that the S3V server should be ignored/deleted.  Sorry 'bout that.

(Incidentally, XFree86 4.0's s3virge driver claims to suppor the ViRGE MX,
among others.)

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about." --rauch@eecs.ukans.edu