Subject: Re: Status of i810 agp X support?
To: Bill Squier <groo@old-ones.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/16/2000 13:49:02
In message <20000816153916.B25687@nyarlathotep.old-ones.com>Bill Squier writes
>On Sat, Aug 12, 2000 at 06:32:39PM -0700, Jonathan Stone wrote:
>> I have an i810, but havent got X set up yet. If i've the email from
>> January correctly, we need some .h files and #define's in the XFree86
>> svga server to make wit work with AGP.
>
>Do you have either a:
>
>vga1 at pci0 dev 1 function 0: vendor 0x8086 product 0x7125 (rev. 0x03)

Yes, exactly that.  The lkm was targeted at the i810.
(i have an i810EAL board, builtin audio and  fxp ethernet).

>All of our Dell OptiPlex GX110's here seem to have the 0x7125, and I'm using
>the LKM and a rebuilt SVGA server successfully.

Yep.  Its precisely the "rebuild the sgva server" step I'm trying to
get rid of.  I take with Thor's points about security, and on a
longerterm fix that supports generic AGP via, sis, etc chipsets as
well (cf. freebsd-current).  The constraint is finding a change small
enough for releng to pull it into 1.5.

Whos the netbsd expert on Xfree86 servers on i386?  Is
shpping a rebuilt, agp-aware server for 1.5 viable?