Subject: xproblems
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Torbj=F6rn_Lindquist?= <linkan@astrakan.hig.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/13/2000 23:57:55
Hi

I have installed netBSD 1.5 on a P200. It uses its /usr from my other
computer (Celeron 566, with NetBSD 1.5). Now I thought I could use
xf86config to run x on this machine, but the results seems very strange to
me.

I looked at my gfxcard and it says it is a S3 Trio 64V+ and it has 2 MB
video ram on it, but when starting x, the xserver says it uses S3 Trio 64
and that it only finds 64k video ram.

When running startx I get a 320x200 display, which is not very fun to
use. I can't use ctrl+alt+ '+' or '-' on the numerical keyboard to do
change the display either.

The next problem is I can't seem to make the mouse work either. I have a
Yakumo serial mouse. The only mouse driver I find is /dev/wsmouse but that
doesn't work.

/Linkan

http://www.astrakan.hig.se/~linkan/
ICQ# 6626106