Subject: Re: donation (Re: i386 snapshot panics all the time)
To: Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa <jam@pobox.com>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/09/2000 23:19:10
On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa wrote:
> I posted some patches and submitted PR about Cyrix issue
> more than one month ago.  I've not received any response
> from core people, so I recognized it as an end of Cyrix
> support of NetBSD.  I bought new system and now using
> Celeron for my NetBSD box.

You know, if you disable options DIAGNOSTIC in the kernel config, you
don't actually see the problem? :-) But yea, I hate to see losing Cyrix
support too; that's one of the reasons I sold my trusty MII 333 and bought
a K6-3 450.

I think Frank van der Linden is working on fixing that now
actually.. there was a patch posted to the list a few days ago.

Jared