Subject: donation (Re: i386 snapshot panics all the time)
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa <jam@pobox.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/09/2000 18:02:19
Hi,

I posted some patches and submitted PR about Cyrix issue
more than one month ago.  I've not received any response
from core people, so I recognized it as an end of Cyrix
support of NetBSD.  I bought new system and now using
Celeron for my NetBSD box.

I was using my Cyrix with NetBSD 1.5B current with my patch
in PR I posted.  There was no panic for me.  Sorry Jukka for
not replying your mail on this mailing list at Jul 7.  I've
started reading this mailing list today.

Anyway, today, I checked port-i386 mailing list and found
there are some issues about Cyrix problem.  Wow.  However, I
have already bought new system and moved on it.

So, here is a Cyrix 686 PR 200 (66MHz x 2.5) and ABIT TX5.
I don't need these anymore, so I'd like to donate these to
somebody working on NetBSD group with a hope who may change
NetBSD i386 port to support Cyrix again.  I'll pay for
shipping if the destination is in U.S.  I don't donate any
memory, but this TX5 supports SIMM and DIMM, so you can use
your SDRAM temporary to debug on this machine.

I have an AT mini tower case in which I used above system.
I can give this with above if he/she pays actual shipping.

I have Cyrix MII 300 (66MHz x 3.5) also.  I'm planing to put
this on eBay to get $20 or more, but I can sell this here at
$20 with no extra shipping with above.

Please let me know who want to take these.  I don't need any
guarantees that he/she will change NetBSD to support Cyrix.
However, I need some kinds of guarantees that he/she is
actually working for NetBSD.

Regards,
-- Kazushi