Subject: Re: SOUND BLASTER INTERRUPT CONFIGURATION
To: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/09/2000 06:50:13
> > reasonable.  the behavior of the driver is as if interrupts are merely
> > disabled.  No stray interrupts get generated and the  processes writing to
> > the audio device get stuck in "aud wr".
>
> Hmm, I'm not sure what to make of that - I've never had it happen to me.

I've seen this happen when isapnp decides to share interrupts between multiple
pnp cards (for me it was a SB16 and an ISDN card).

We should (a) not reset isapnp cards and use the settings they got from
the BIOS if that is pnp aware and (b) avoid interrupt sharing for mulitple
isapnp cards by all means if possible.

Martin