Subject: Re: SOUND BLASTER INTERRUPT CONFIGURATION
To: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/08/2000 15:04:01
On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 12:33:37PM -0400, Kevin P. Neal wrote:
> > Use the setup disk that comes with the card (or downloadble from Creative, I
> > guess) to set the card up.
>
> There isn't a good way of reverse-engineering setup disks, is there?

Depends on what you mean by 'good' :-) You have the choice of disassembling
the .exe or running some type of debugger to examine the code while it's
running.

> > If you had something newer than 1.2G, I'd say prefferably pick PnP.
> > I don't remember ever seeing a jumperless SB that didn't support PnP mode.
>
> Jumperless SB or jumperless sb-compatible?

Either.

> I have an Aztech Labs SB clone card. It has a couple of jumpers (220/240,
> "software config"/"eeprom config"). By and large it doesn't have jumpers for
> it's settings, and it isn't PnP.

I said jumperless. If it has any jumpers it's not jumperless. But 'software
config' sounds like they mean PnP.

If you have the config disk, you could jumper eeprom mode, and pick 220/5
or you could jumper 'software config' and I'd expect PnP to work.

If you don't spend energy getting what you want,
	You'll have to spend it dealing with what you get.
					      - Unknown