Subject: older binaries on latest snapshot
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Eric McWhorter <emcwhorter@xsis.xerox.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/20/2000 09:44:27
A coworker wants to try NetBSD/i386 to see if XFree86 works better
than what he's using under NT.  I tried booting 1.4.2 but the GENERIC
kernel complained about his "aic7895 Wide Channel A, SCSI Id=7, 16/255
SCBs".  His machine is pretty new, so I thought maybe the latest
snapshot would support his host adapter.  The snapshot installed fine,
but when I move binaries from my 1.4.2 box he can't run them.  Most of
these binaries were originally compiled under 1.3.2 and seem to work
fine on 1.4.2.

When he tries to run my binaries he gets:

No ld.so

This is with the May 28, 2000 snapshot.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

--
Eric McWhorter
Xerox Special Information Systems