Subject: Re: System time & date thinks its in California not NYC
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Geoff Wing <mason@primenet.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/20/2000 03:44:23
Richard Rauch <rkr@rkr.kcnet.com> typed:
:(This continued to flare up on netbsd-help, but relates to a post on
:port-i386...sorry for the cross post.  (^&)
:FWIW, I set up the RTC_OFFSET=360 in order to cope with a dual-booting PC.
:I don't remember having to do anything special about dst.  (Can't you also
:tweak it manually via a sysctl if you don't want to change the kernel &
:reboot?)

IF you are dual booting with some Microsoft OS then you may want to use
RTC_OFFSET.  Should you get into daylight saving you'll need to readjust:
either recompile with adjusted RTC_OFFSET or

% gdb --write /netbsd
(gdb) set rtc_offset=360
(gdb) quit
%
(and reboot)

Or what ever the appropriate minute offset is (instead of 360)

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing : <gcw@pobox.com>     Work URL: http://www.primenet.com.au/
Rxvt Stuff : <gcw@rxvt.org>      Ego URL : http://pobox.com/~gcw/