Subject: Re: need good video card for XFree86
To: Steve Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/17/2000 14:21:52
I have a Diamond Viper V770 AGP, based on the nVidia RIVA TNT 2
chipset. I have the 16M version, and it works perfectly with XFree86 3.3.6
and 4.0. There are (half good) OpenGL drivers for the card in pkgsrc as
well, with utah-glx (Mesa-glx in pkgsrc), and the card performs extremely
well under Windows and Linux (with the nVidia XFree86 4.0 drivers).

Hope this helps,

Jared