Subject: Re: The i386 pmap_zero_page_uncached() problem
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/03/2000 12:34:54
What is it about pmap_zero_page_uncached() that's making it panic on Cyrix
processors? I thought it was supposed to help boost performance, if so I'd
hate to see that functionality lost on Cyrix processors.

I disabled the in-kernel debugger and haven't been bothered by the panics
since. I don't know if it has to do with the debugger or if the problem is
fixed.

sun:/usr/home/jmcneill$ uname -a
NetBSD sun.invisible.ca 1.5A NetBSD 1.5A (SUN) #0: Sun Jun 25 02:27:07 ADT
2000     jmcneill@sun.invisible.ca:/common/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/SUN
i386
sun:/usr/home/jmcneill$ grep ^cpu /var/run/dmesg.boot
cpu0: family 6 model 0 step 0
cpu0: Cyrix 6x86MX (686-class)

Jared