Subject: X windows failures
To: Port-I386 <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Gregg C Levine <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/02/2000 14:26:41
Hello from Gregg C Levine usually with Jedi Knight Computers
On an OEM Pentium 100MHZ based unit, I installed the I386 port of NetBSD. I
then followed the 'standard procedures', for configuring X windows, well
standard for other operating systems that use the product. It went through
the initialization process, and then aborted with a claim that that there
was a broken connection between server, and client. Does anyone have any
advice on this one, or has seen it before. The computer has 16MB of main
memory installed.  But is not connected to the Internet, as it did not
detect the modem, which is using the port which corresponds to COM3 in the
world that it started off in.
Gregg C Levine mailto:hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke." Obi-Wan Kenobi
"Trust in the Force, Luke, and wait." Obi-Wan Kenobi
"The Force will be with you. Always. " Obi-Wan Kenobi
"May the Force be with you." "And to you" Anonymous