Subject: Re: How to get realplayer?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Mario Kemper <magick@bundy.lip.owl.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/26/2000 19:35:35
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr> writes:

> On Mon, Jun 26, 2000 at 12:37:44AM +0200, Hans de Hartog wrote:
> > # uname -mr
> > 1.4.2 i386
> > # pwd
> > /usr/pkgsrc/audio/realplayer7
> > # make
> > ===> Validating dependencies for realplayer-7nb1
> >   RealPlayer 7 for Linux 2.0/2.2 must be fetched into
> >   /usr/pkgsrc/distfiles from
> >   http://proforma.real.com/real/player/linuxplayer.html.
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop. (last 3 lines 3 times)
> >
> > Well, the mentioned URL is not alive but I managed to get the following:
>
> It looks like the real.com web server isn't in a good shape for now,
> but unfortunably it's the only way to get it.

You get the realplayer for linux like any other realplayer. Start at
www.real.com, click throuch 20 pages avoiding realplayer plus and you'll come
to the download page for realplayer8. Select Linux and you're done.

But as realplayer is curerently at beta2, the package probably won't work
anyway.
Btw, there's a rpm-package of realplayer. I guess this would make the package
a bit easier.

--
Mario Kemper
magick@bundy.lip.owl.de