Subject: Re: Compaq Armada
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Courtney Spencer <cspencer@mindspring.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/23/2000 10:05:17
On Fri Jun 23, 2000 at 12:32:38PM +0200, Bernd Ernesti wrote:
> On Fri Jun 23 10:24:26 2000, Heiko W.Rupp wrote:
> >
> > >My office-mate has a M700, and I would say it's a pretty standard
> > >that translates to in marketeese) works under linux so I guess it does
> >
> > The M700 should be no problem including X afaik. Klaus Klein
> > (and a few others) have NetBSD running on it afaik.
>
> But, there is no cardbus/pcmcia and audio support for it.
>
> Okay, the kernel finds pcmcia and/or cardbus, but either it panics or it
> doesn't find a card.
>
> Bernd

Back in may Jason Thorpe said he would commit needed cardbus stuff in
current, but I have'nt heard anything since.  I myself have been wrestling with
the xircom rbem56g 10/100|56k cardbus monster.

Mine panics around:

pcic0 at isa0 port 0x3e0-0x3e1 iomem 0xd0000-0xd3fff: using irq 3
pcic0: controller 0 (Intel 82365SL Revision 1) has sockets A and B
pcmcia0 at pcic0 controller 0 socket 0
pcic_chip_socket_enable: status cpcic_wait_ready: ready never happened, status = 0c
pcmcia1 at pcic0 controller 0 socket 1
isapnp0: no ISA Plug 'n Play devices found

--
Courtney Spencer