Subject: Compaq Armada
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/22/2000 14:35:58
  Any comments on these notebooks with NetBSD?
  I booted 1.4 on CD on a colleague's and it saw the important devices
(network, disk, cdrom), but I don't know about Xfree86. It seems to have
a WinModem, which is a pain, but it still has two slots. 1.4 doesn't
have Cardbus support, so it didn't see that support, and we didn't know
how to make it boot from floppy.

  I know that I want NetBSD on it... I may want MS-Project as well, which
I'd get via VMware under Linux, but I'd rather avoid the Linux at all, since
everything other than VMware can run under Linux emulation. Unless someone
has a good suggestion for a project tracking software that includes a PERT
chart and works on NetBSD or under WINE.

   :!mcr!:            |  Cow#1: Are you worried about getting Mad Cow Disease?
   Michael Richardson |  Cow#2: No. I'm a duck.
 Home: mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca. PGP key available.