Subject: Re: strange keyboard behaviour (old old old issue)
To: Sean Doran <smd@ebone.net>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@rkr.kcnet.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/12/2000 10:30:11
If it's any help: I've never had the problems that you describe.

(I've used 3 different keyboards with this machine, all PS/2.  All have
the ``windows'' keys.  There was the one that Gateway shipped with it, a
Logitech replacement (nearly identical) and some cheap no-name
keyboard---they happened to be on sale for about $4 or $5 at MicroCenter
at the time.)

I have identical dmesg for pckbc0 and wskbd0 (and pmsi0 (^&).

I've been using NetBSD with and without X (mostly with) since 1.3.  I've
pretty much stuck to the X servers that ship with the system, however,
rather than installing the latest and greatest XFree.  (On the off-chance
that it makes any difference, I use the XF86_S3V server.)

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about."  --rkr@rkr.kcnet.com