Subject: RE: Cirrus Logic Card - losing textmode font
To: 'David Maxwell ' <david@vex.net>
From: Jenkins, Graham K [IBM GSA] <Graham.K.Jenkins@team.telstra.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/11/2000 19:00:49
> b) what happens if you run '/bin/sh /etc/wscons.conf' when the
>     textmode is messed up?
See earlier response - I think I should have done: 'sh /etc/rc.wscons'
which gives:
wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Device busy
wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Device busy
wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Device busy
wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Device busy
And after about four goes:
wsfontload: WSDISPLAYIO_LDFONT: No space left on device
 .. so it's not going to be much use anyway - or is it?

> c) Do you have multiple consoles enabled? (ttyE[1-3] on in /etc/ttys)
Actually I gave you a wrong answer; here is '/etc/ttys':
---
# name  getty                           type    status          comments
#
console "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         pc3     off secure
ttyE0   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt220   on secure
ttyE1   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt220   off secure
ttyE2   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt220   off secure
ttyE3   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt220   off secure
tty00   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   unknown off secure
---
>     Is the font messed up in all of them, or just one/some?
When I tested this yesterday with several consoles enabled, the
font was messed up (i.e. nothing displayed) on all of them.

G.