Subject: Re: Reason for pagefault trap
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <AlexSorg@gmx.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/07/2000 10:24:34
> On 6 Jun 2000 20:20:01 -0500, David Maxwell wrote:
<snip>
> Since it gets worse with more processes, I thought possibly one of
> the SIMM sticks in higher memory was bad, but I just ran memtest86
> for about 6 hours and not a single failure showed up.
>
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks
I'll run memtest this evening and see what comes up.
We (at my company) have a hardware simm test device. Before I used the two
32MB simms I let it do some more/less extensive tests on the simms and it
reported no error.
Could it be that the hard-disk is faulty and the swap-space has corrupt
blocks?
Just a thought, because the filesystem should take care of corrupt blocks
in root- and userpartitions.
Thanks,
   Alex.