Subject: Re: configuring /dev/ttyE0 for vt0 after kernal build
To: Jenkins, Graham K [IBM GSA] <Graham.K.Jenkins@team.telstra.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/29/2000 22:10:25
On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 09:14:55AM +1000, Jenkins, Graham K [IBM GSA] wrote:
>The whole 'wsconsole' thing could do with some clarification!  I have been
>trying for a week to figure how to use 'wsconsole', 'wsfontload' or anything
>else - to restore a console font (any console font!) after exit from an X
>session.  And I still haven't got anywhere.  Help!
>
>The loss of font is apparently a known fault with Cirrus Logic cards - and
>the README suggests using a couple of Linux things like 'setfont', 'runx'
>and 'restorefont'.  There must be a way of doing the same stuff with NetBSD -
>or is this an instance where NetBSD hasn't the same capabilities as Linux ..

I've used a variety of CL cards with NetBSD and X with no issues.
What's the behaviour you're seeing?

One thing to make sure is that you have wscons=YES in /etc/rc.conf
some people get colorful screenfulls of characters on exit from X without it.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Although some of you out
there might find a microwave oven controlled by a Unix system an attractive