Subject: Re: recent pnpbios lossage
To: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
From: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/29/2000 03:34:57
Well, I managed to forget about this, but today's two
new pnpbios devices that thorpej committed to GENERIC
caused my Vaio to break again.

It may take me a bit to look into this, but I guess I'll be revisitting
this.

| > INVALID_HANDLE  83h
| >     "Device node number/handle passed is invalid or out of range."
|
| Yes, but I don't understand what that means. I would guess that you
| get that error if you call getnode with a non-existant node-id, but we
| just got pointed to node 11 by the bios.

Yeah, I don't really know either.

| No, that's why I think it's a bug in the bios.

Hmm, OK. What bios version do you have?

--jhawk
  (who doesn't feel responsible for this code in anything other than a
   who-touched-it-last way)