Subject: Re: configuring /dev/ttyE0 for vt0 after kernal build
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Miller <namille2@vt.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/26/2000 13:54:02
Ok, I spoke too soon. I thought I had the config right this time. Perhaps
someone can show me what I'm doing wrong. Below is the bit of the config
file I'm working on:

# Console Devices

# ISA console.  You can only configure one of these!
#pc0    at isa? port 0x60 irq 1         # pccons generic PC console driver
vt0     at isa? port 0x60 irq 1         # PCVT console driver

# wscons
pckbc0  at isa?                 # pc keyboard controller
#pckbd* at pckbc?               # PC keyboard
# "opms" should not be enabled together with "pms" or "pmsi"
pms*            at pckbc?               # PS/2 mouse for wsmouse
#pms*            at vt?               # PS/2 mouse for wsmouse
#pmsi*          at pckbc?       # PS/2 "Intelli"mouse for wsmouse
#opms*          at pckbc?               # backwards compatible PS/2 mouse
#vga0           at isa?
#vga*           at pci?
#pcdisplay0     at isa?                 # CGA, MDA, EGA, HGA
#wsdisplay*     at vga? console ?
#wsdisplay*     at pcdisplay? console ?
#wskbd* at pckbd? console ?
wsmouse*        at pms?
#wsmouse*       at pmsi?

With this configuration make depend exits with this error:
pcvt_drv.c:96: #error "pcvt and (pckbc or vga or pcdisplay) can't coexist"

If ths config is then changed to:

#pckbc0  at isa?                 # pc keyboard controller
#pckbd* at pckbc?               # PC keyboard
# "opms" should not be enabled together with "pms" or "pmsi"
#pms*            at pckbc?               # PS/2 mouse for wsmouse
pms*            at vt?               # PS/2 mouse for wsmouse

config reports:

roland:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf# config ROLAND
ROLAND:238: A pms cannot attach to a vt
ROLAND:247: wsmouse* at pms? is orphaned
 (nothing matching pms? declared)
*** Stop.

I'm now out of ideas. I really want both my vt's and mouse. I'm at a
loss. The computer is a ibm valuepoint 486 with a ps/2 bus mouse.
I would be grateful for any help.

Thanks.

Matthew