Subject: XF86Config file for Thinkpad 560
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Steve Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/23/2000 22:56:28
Does anyone have an XF86Config file for a Thinkpad 560?  I've tried
building them with XF86Setup and xf86config, to no avail.

I'm trying to set it up to use an external ViewSonic 17 monitor at
1024x768.  The manual says it should be able to do that at 8bpp.  The
monitor specs say it can do 1280*1024 at 76Hz, so there's plenty of
bandwidth.  Mr. Bill's operating system can do it, so the hardware is
working.  And it used to run X just fine on BSD/OS.

dmesg says the chip is a Trident 9660; Mr. Bill says Trident 9382/85.
Neither has worked.  It has 1M of video ram, nominally probe-able.  But
it never locks in on a frequency.  (When running Windows at that
resolution, it says 87 Hz.)

		--Steve Bellovin