Subject: Re: ACE and IPC
To: Todd Gruhn <tgruhn2@mail.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/18/2000 23:08:12
On Thu, 18 May 2000, Todd Gruhn wrote:

> I have been hacking on IVtools which uses ACE for IPC.
> But I cannot telnet into the socket 127.0.0.1:20002!
> I decided to look through the config file -- since the
> developer and I can't find any probs in his code.
>
> I found the following line:
> #define ACE_HAS_SYSV_IPC
>
> In the kernel config file I found sysvmsg, sysvsem, sysvshm,
> but no sysvipc -- should I kill the above #define in the ACE
> config file? BTW: What kind of IPC does NetBSD use?

	In that context - NetBSD provides System V shared memory IPC.
	(See options(4)).

	NetBSD _uses_ any number of IPC mechanisms, System V shared
	memory, pipes, sockets, signals...

	It might be worth trying it without that define, to see if it
	helps. If so then you know you need to track down an interaction
	between the ACE code and NetBSD.

		David/absolute
				       -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --