Subject: 3 Problems with NetBsd 1.4.2/i386
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jaume Samperiz <bamokato@intercom.es>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/16/2000 04:06:06
Hi all,

I have some problems with NetBSD 1.4.2/i386.

(1 Problem) My second hd 3Gbytes has 2 W98/FAT16 partitions.
                   I can mount the first partiton with:

mount -t msdos /dev/wd1e /dose

but I can't mount the second partition:

mount -t msdos /dev/wd1f /dosf fails.

I think the problem is in the disklabel. If I make
disklabel wd1 the fstype field shows "unused" in the case of the second
partition and  "msdos" in the case of the first partition.
I try to edit the disklabel but wd1 don't seems to have a disklabel
(type of disklabel "ficticius" ?) and when I try to create one I can't.

Any help?

(2 Problem) I can't use my CDROM (detected as cd0). When I try to mount
the cdrom with:

mount -t cd9660 /dev/cd0a /cdrom

NetBsd try to use ULTRADMA (but my motherboard don't support UltraDMA !!).
Then, NetBsd shows things like:

"Downgrading to mode ..." , it fails,
"Downgrading to other mode (DMA 2?) ... " it fails,
and finally the computer halts.

I think the problem could be ULTRADMA. Can I force NetBsd not to use it?.
Any help?

(3 Problem) I have a EASY TV pci card (bt878KHF chip) and it's interferring
with my LAN ( 3 Ne2000 machines)

With the TV card installed:
I can't "ping" two other computers in my LAN. (10.0.0.2 &
10.0.0.3).
But I can ping the loopback, 10.0.0.1 ( the machine with the
TV card).

Without the card: everything is ok.
The LAN works perfectly with W98 & RED HAT LINUX 6.0 and
NetBsd seems to recognise the TV card and it seems that there isn't any IRQ
or I/O conflict.

Any help?

Thank you in advance.