Subject: Re: NetBSD/386 newbye + PS2 mouse problems
To: port-i386@netbsd.org <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll <jjgarcia@ind-cr.uclm.es>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/14/2000 11:31:36
Patrick Welche wrote:

> On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 12:01:11PM -0700, Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll wrote:
> >
> > My idea was to use fdisk to dedicate the rest of the dist to a BSD
> > partition and then use disklabel to divide this partition into a 1MB
> > wd0f for /usr/pkg and /usr/local plus a 1MB for /home. That leaves the
> > core of NetBSD in a partition and all the junk in the rest. What I am
> > not sure is that I could actually do this, or that that is the right
> > way to.
>
> If the thing already boots, I wouldn't even bother fiddling with fdisk, and
> would just change the disk's disklabel.

Last night I was bored and I finally did fiddle with fdisk. I
enlarged the NetBSD partition and things were ok. Then I simply
added wd0f and wd0g using disklabel, and used newfs to format
them. Funny how easy it was.

> Re the Spanish keyboard, if you fancy explaining how it differs from say a
> US keyboard, and what you expect from each of
> (key),(key+shift),(key+alt),(key+alt+shift)
> in the differing cases something could be arranged...

I am now computing the differences. It seems that one could use
wsconscfg or wsconsctl to remap the keyboard, but the man pages
are not very explicit about how it should be done.

	Juanjo

--
Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll		www: http://www.arrakis.es/~worm
Univ. Castilla-La Mancha        job: jjgarcia@ind-cr.uclm.es